View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 01:01 PM
Country1

We have a hobby room in one of the bedrooms. DH and I share it, but we have in what is suppose to be a formal living room, my mid-arm machine on the frame. The frame is a little over 12 foot long and was the best place to put it. We also have storage down the other wall. We put up bi-folding doors that goes between the room and the dining room. As you come in the front door there are curtains we put up ( DH made a curtain rod to go all the way across the room.) I know it looks odd to some people, but we really don't care! If I'm working on a quilt, scrap-booking, candle making, jewelry making, weaving or what ever ( sometimes I forget what I'm doing) in there we can close the curtain and go on. Our house isn't perfect, but it is ours and we use it as we need it to be used at the time. DH does wood and leather work it doesn't bother me in the least if he works in the hobby rooms or at the kitchen island. As long as he is smiling, I'm smiling too! Our kitchen island has gotten scratched some, DH was upset, I told him "Don't worry, it just gives it personality." We have marks from the DGD and the kids and it's just fine with it. It is like butcher block but has a glossier top.
Penny

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 08-17-2019 at 08:47 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps