View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 05:46 PM
caspharm

Originally Posted by AnnieSue View Post
DH and I have decided to arrange our house the way we use our house. That means moving the sewing and quilting machines from the lower level to the living room where all the space and light are. We were only using the living room furniture 4-5 times a year, so we moved our 'gathering space' to the lower level and we'll make it cozy for gathering. We'll see how this goes for a while. Has this worked for anyone else?
We inherited our house. When we moved into our house, it had a formal living room/dining room area (almost as large as our master) and I was in one of the bedrooms that was set up as a TV room (no door and a 1/2 wall). However, we don't entertain in a formal manner and I wanted a LA, so we decided it made sense to move me into that area and DH took over my old space. We do have an eating area off the kitchen that has space for a large dining room table (which my MIL brought when she moved in) and a Nevada room that we use as our living room.

In the former LR/DR, I have my desk with computer, a sewing area (used our old dining room table), cutting table (bought a clearance dining table and added wood risers to get the proper height), a CD cabinet with sliding doors that I use for thread storage, 2 cubby cabinets, my ironing board, my LA with 12 foot table, and of course, my stash. I would love to put in cabinets, but they would cost. My only regret is that the area is wide open to the rest of the house with no way to shut it off. Otherwise, it's a great space, especially since there are a lot of windows.

Go forward and enjoy!