Thread: What ?!?!?
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2014, 03:14 AM
Edie

Originally Posted by SouthPStitches View Post
IMHO what self-respecting Quilter wants to waste their time hemming, mending, darning, or repairing zippers? Not me for certain! If I want that kind of aggravation, I'll go back to work. There are too many wonderful quilts to be working on instead!
There is nothing better to wear when you are quilting in the summer than a beautiful pair of jean, khaki or whatever pants you have that have developed holes in the knees than the ever wearing, comfortable, easy to wash, let's see what else, cut-offs. I wear cutoffs all summer long except when I go out. I walk the dog, I hang up clothes on the line, I clean the house, I do everything in cut offs! Save them, use them, when you get a pair of jeans with holes in the knees (I mean the kind that have already had patches ironed on the knees and you have gone through the patches. It takes a few washings to get those beautiful frays. Hey, I'm 75! I am frugal, love fashion and I am a fashionista when it comes to cut offs. DON'T DO ANYTHING TO THEM! Wear them with pride, knowing everyone else is out of style and you look the very best - and a nice little tank top on those 95 degree days doesn't hurt either. I use them when I go fishing. You don't mind wiping your wormy hands on cut offs. Seriously though, I love my cutoffs! I have a holey pair of jeans in the drawer just begging to be worn this later spring and summer with the frays at the end. I will make them happy!!!!!! And then tell whose ever pants they are to go out and buy a new pair or cut them off. And besides which, you buy pants that are frayed like that or holey, have you ever seen the price of them? Happy Spring! Edie

Last edited by Edie; 03-20-2014 at 03:18 AM.