What ?!?!?

Old 03-22-2014, 12:42 AM

Ha!!! looks familiar tgo me.... have you not heard the old saying ' The cobblers children have no shoes'? I also heard recently ' Asking a seamstress [ quilter] to mend is like asking Picasso to paint the garage'. why spend valuble sewing time mending when it works like it is? why fix it if it ain't broke? now if the elastic sprung a .....
Old 03-23-2014, 05:28 AM

Oh dear, not sure youall will let me back in after I tell you this:
I LOVE to sew. I still have the head scarf I made for my first 4 H project(and I'm almost 56)
I've been sewing anything since then! I remember when I was in 8th grade somebody got the idea to give everyone in the class an 'award.' I got 'Best dressed girl' which was kind of something to be proud of, as I was not one of the 'popular' girls, and I made 90% of what I wore.
I remember I made my first quilt when I was 20 or so, just squares, but didn't take quilting seriously until I was in my 40's.
So for me quilting was just an extension of sewing apparel.

Just remembered - I sill have the first Barbie vest I made when I was 7 or so, it was hand stitched. I started out liking animal prints, obviously, and still do.

I've seen shoes that you put on that have fleece fringe type things on them that they say are good for dusting floors. I think one could attach a fringe of fleece and clean your floors while quilting! Multi tasking!

Last edited by RugosaB; 03-23-2014 at 05:32 AM. Reason: forgot to respond to the original post