View Single Post
Old 03-20-2014, 02:08 PM
TeresaA

Default How would you quilt this?

You all are just a wealth of ideas, so I figured I'd throw this at you.

I have a great longarm, but I'm a longarm rookie, so no ruler work suggestions please. I can do feather and featherish designs (if I draw them out first). I can also do squiggly straight lines, spirals, rosey things, some McTavish looking stuff, etc, and of course many all over free-hand patterns.

With that in mind, how would you quilt my quilt. It's a kaleidoscope made up of a cat fabric. It's intended as a family quilt leaning child quilt for the purpose of congratulating them all on the birth of their baby who is now about 3 months. The back will be a tossed Dr. Seuss fabric.

Oh, and the couple are both basketball players, so I thought the orange balls that formed were a nice touch...however, I'm not liking this quilt as much as when I first made it, so I'm considering starting over and doing something else. I'd like to quilt it and see if I like it better, but unfortunately, I can't because the Seuss fabric is special. The new little one loves her Horton, so I want to use him and his friends for the backing....

I figured maybe if you all give me great ideas for quilting it, it will help me picture it quilted and I'll feel more secure with it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]468239[/ATTACH]

Thanks for suggestions.
Attached Thumbnails howtoquilt.jpg