Thread: What ?!?!?
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014, 01:04 PM
cricket_iscute

I've really enjoyed the responses here. We have some very witty people on this list! Not to mention some husbands with a sense of humor.

I sewed only clothing from the time I was a kid (under Grandma's watchful eye) until I discovered quilting in 1991. Since then, I've done very little with clothing, less with mending, and not a week has gone by that I haven't quilted. I confess, I have two pairs of nice dress pants in my sewing room that I've never worn and guess why? Because they need to be hemmed! And I know how to hem!

Here's a funny story: As a quilter who seldom worked on clothes anymore, I once made a pair of tailored grey slacks with zipper, seam pockets, and pleats, and they fit perfectly. I was pleased with them and thought what a nice addition they would be to my wardrobe. I started to hem them, and I remember how confident I was that my measurement was correct. I did NOT measure twice and then cut once as I always did before I started to quilt. I just took that rotary cutter, put the ruler on them, and cut. Well, I didn't like the results at all but did hem and wear them -- my new pair of short cropped capri pants! LOL

Cricket