View Single Post
Old 03-22-2014, 09:37 AM
leighway

I just spent 4 days watching You Tube videos and reading blogs by longarm quilters. Here's what I learned, in response to your question.
First consideration...what is this quilt being used for? It's a baby quilt and probably will be all over the floor, dragged in the playroom and hoisted to cover chilly feet on the couch...so I'd think the all-over design would be practical.
Second consideration...If the motif is very square, blocky and geometric then you want to use curvy patterns. So far, it's looking like a curvy pantograph is what you want. But, let's continue (after all those hours I spent, I'm actually trying to see what I learned, too.)
Consideration 3...will the quilting actually show? If the fabric is busy, forget about it! It doesn't look like there's too much room for a quilty show-off pattern...so, back to the curvy pantograph.
Consideration 4...your personal feelings. You've indicated that you've fallen out of love with this quilt. That seems to me that the logical solution would be to find a simple quilting story and tell it as fast as you can. Why wasted your time and energy on something you don't love. I bet you, like the rest of us, have 3,689 quilts you intend to make in this lifetime...so, get on with it!