Old 03-22-2014, 06:54 PM
DJRustic

Default John James Twin Pointed Stab Stitch needles, anyone ever use them?

I was in a Quilt shop in Mexico, Mo this past week end and I was wondering if anyone in this group has used the John James Twin pointed Stab stitch quilting needles? I have a bad left arm ( titanium elbow and 2 shoulder surgeries) and for some reason I cannot get back into quilting like I did 3 yrs ago before my accident. I have been doing the stab stitch and it is taking me forever. Plus it is hard on my right hand and shoulder. ( Getting old I guess) I bought a package of the needles and have been trying them for a little while this eve and I hope I am doing it right. You don't turn the needle just bring it back up after pulling down from the top. I hope this makes sense. Does anyone out there know what it is that I am talking about?
I would really like to get to use the Aunt Becky. For some reason after my accident I haven't been able to use it. Would love to be able to work with someone with it , maybe I would get the hang of it. I know a lot of you are going to say practice, practice. LOL
Would love to hear from some of you . Thanks