Thread: Singer 301??
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 03:32 AM
sewnsewsue

Sew-classic.com. Their shipping is really reasonable and they carry a lot of the little things that you might want. I have heard that they make sure that the walking feet really do work on your machine. Other forums report people who say their feet keep falling off. I do not use mine with walking foot so cannot verify. I just purchased a zipper foot as the old ones are only right or left! I only have the right one. I also belong to a vintage sewing machine group on yahoo and they highly recommend TriFlow lubricant and their grease as well. I do use the oil,must be shaken before use to suspend the Teflon in it. I'm not sure special oil is necessary when these 60+ machines have performed so well with good old sewing machine oil! So have fun with yours. Another thing I have noticed with most of mine is that there is either thread in bobbin case or the "finger" on the case is not in position when i first received them. It will not pick up bobbin thread in these instances or handwheel will not turn. If you paid a good amount, it is probably ok as someone knew what it was and checked it. I think only one of mine was ready to sew when I got it. So don't panic if something isn't perfect there. Again, good luck and enjoy!