Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Singer 301?? >

Singer 301??

Singer 301??

Old 03-23-2014, 09:31 PM

where do I access SEW CLASSIC, ebay, web??
Thanx for making me more comfortable..I have heard so many who bought theirs for under $100, mine was WAY more than that but I think it is in MINT condition..
You must LOVE them to have so many ..I recently bought a Singer FW 221 and love it but not enuf throat space some some projects..a fella I know recommended the 301 over the 201 I think it was, because the 201 weights about 30lbs and wanted one for retreats and weekly group quilt days..
Old 03-23-2014, 09:32 PM

I have a FW but no one I know does FMQ on theirs..with the 301 I am not restricted at all on what I can do..
Old 03-24-2014, 03:32 AM

Sew-classic.com. Their shipping is really reasonable and they carry a lot of the little things that you might want. I have heard that they make sure that the walking feet really do work on your machine. Other forums report people who say their feet keep falling off. I do not use mine with walking foot so cannot verify. I just purchased a zipper foot as the old ones are only right or left! I only have the right one. I also belong to a vintage sewing machine group on yahoo and they highly recommend TriFlow lubricant and their grease as well. I do use the oil,must be shaken before use to suspend the Teflon in it. I'm not sure special oil is necessary when these 60+ machines have performed so well with good old sewing machine oil! So have fun with yours. Another thing I have noticed with most of mine is that there is either thread in bobbin case or the "finger" on the case is not in position when i first received them. It will not pick up bobbin thread in these instances or handwheel will not turn. If you paid a good amount, it is probably ok as someone knew what it was and checked it. I think only one of mine was ready to sew when I got it. So don't panic if something isn't perfect there. Again, good luck and enjoy!
Old 03-24-2014, 04:49 AM

http://www.sew-classic.com/ and the walking feet work on my Featherweight and then there is another one for the slanted 301 and 301A. I ordered them from them and a lot of feet and belts and even a motor from her for another 99 machine. She is fast and I had all that I ordered within a week.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:30 PM

The A on a 301A denotes that it was manufactured in Andersonville, not it's configuration. AnnieRose is a 301A and she's a mocha shortbed. Her back up, ErinRose, is a mocha long bed and I wish she was a shortbed so she would fit in the cabinet.
Old 03-26-2014, 09:48 PM

I sorta took care of that problem(short bed/long bed), I first bought a black 301 off ebay Sunday , a short bed BEFORE I knew there were long beds..so then the NEXT day this gorgeous tan long bed shows up for an irrestitable BUY NOW price, so it gets to me tomorrow..THEN........I have been watching Craig's list for a second cabinet for my "new to me machines", this morning I found a HORN cabinet for $60!!!! I told the lady selling it she was GIVING it away, she said she knew that but 10 yr ago she bought it at an estate sale-so had her $$ out of it and just wanted it gone..Looks brand new!!!so it is now sitting in my quilting room waiting for my black or tan 301..(one of them will stay in my trolley for my weekly quilting trips/retreats). Christmas came early to this girls house!!!!Now have a 221 Featherweight, a Brother Quattro plus my two 301's..I already have them named, Featherweight is *Precious*..my 301 is *Velvet*(like Black Velvet), not sure on tan 301 name..maybe *Sewfe*(name borrowed from another quilter)but no room in our family room..WooHoo! it's all about priorities,right?

Last edited by QuiltDreamin; 03-26-2014 at 09:53 PM.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:00 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]469049[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]469048[/ATTACH]my "new to me" $60 Horn cabinet..see why I was thrilled to get it for that $, not a scratch on it..lift works great..
Attached Thumbnails cabinet-2.jpg   cabinet.jpg