Old 03-24-2014, 05:31 AM
miriam
Power Poster

We went to the Goodwill outlet - they sell the junk by weight - anyway - I remembered making flowers years ago. SSSOOOO I told the girls they could each buy a couple flowers. They loaded up a tote bag FULL of flowers and then looked at me with big eyes. LOL The flowers were cheap and I figured we could throw them away. The girls have spent HOURS making the fairies and then playing with them. Some times they take them apart and remake them. At one point we ran out of heads and pipe cleaners. They are easy enough to do - just pull the stems off the flowers, string the flowers on pipe cleaners any way you like and make sure to put a bead (head) on - flowers and flower parts make collars, hats, hair, etc. Any combination you like. At first I thought they had a random huge big disaster mess... Then I figured out fairies were camping everywhere. They had weddings and funerals and went camping at the beach. What ever. One went on vacation to Japan. They like it that fairy houses have lights some times.

I realize not everybody has DGKs close - I have 1 I may never see again unless someone goes after her for contempt of court and two in Seattle which is a long way from Indy.