Old 03-25-2014, 06:28 AM
tropit

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
I wonder what percentage of machines sold via ebay actually arrived undamaged?... It's so discouraging. On the plus side, it makes all of our machines worth more because they're slowly becoming rare or extinct thanks to dumb-dumb shippers:<
From my experience, I think that a very small percentage arrive undamaged, especially the cases and bases. They always seem to arrive in pieces. I now make it a habit to email the seller minutes after I've won an auction to please follow the EBay guide for shipping sewing machines. Most sellers are glad to find the information and it has really decreased the number of damaged machines that have arrived. If they've done a great job packaging it, but there is still minor damage, then generally, I chalk it up to my own expense.

If a seller still sends it packaged, "harfe arsed," (Like the one above,) and it arrives with any damage, I go straight to EBay with a complaint. I either ask for a discount, or a total refund, giving the seller the option of getting it back. EBay will really stand behind you. (Not so with GW.) I've had to send a couple of machines back to their sellers, but I got a complete refund, including my costs to send it back.

I'm so sorry to see your beautiful National arrive in that condition. If it were me, I'd ask for a partial refund, but keep the machine anyway. (And throw out those towels...yuck!)

~ Cindy