View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 11:35 AM
cricket_iscute

I was overwhelmed trying to clean up my 10 x 15' sewing (and storage) room after a friend and I spent months on projects that messed it up. Everything was out of place! So now I'm trying something different. I'm just doing one small part at a time. For instance, I have two boxes of stuff to put away. I'm going to do one and when that's done, I'll do the other. Then I will identify the next two projects for a later day and when those are done, I'll identify the next two. So far, I have a clean and organized basket for rulers and a clean and organized deep drawer for free motion quilting supplies, gloves, hoops, etc., and rotary cutting supplies. My scissors/screwdriver/tweezers drawer is organized as is my needles/bobbins/other supplies drawer. Sewing machine feet are all organized. Most notions are organized. It's strange how linty a closed drawer can get! Most thread is organized and labeled but I have a basket of threads that need to be put away and space found on the thread shelves.

All my Accuquilt GO dies and supplies are also organized and stored on end in a large, portable basket. A lot of my fabric is well organized, but the homeless fabric needs help. I am going to be cutting up scraps and strips on my Accuquilt GO on the theory that cut and organized scraps take less space and are easier to use. (I have study plastic boxes for storage, and they stack.) Does anyone have experience with this? Can you tell me if this is true?

Cricket

Last edited by cricket_iscute; 03-25-2014 at 11:46 AM.