Old 03-26-2014, 06:53 PM
Tothill

We had two Tonks.

The first was from the Pound. She was 2 and had beautiful blue eyes. She looked like a dark Siamese. We did not know what her breed was. At first we were worried that she would be a yowler like a Siamese, but she was very quiet.

Then we got Saboo. Saboo was a papered pure bread Tonk and looked exactly like Mitzie. He had quite the story. We got him when Vern died. Vern was a local Sheriff and was serving papers on someone. The cat was in the house he was serving and the kids were abusing the cat. After serving the papers he took the cat. The 'owner tried to use the registration papers to get the cat back (proof of ownership), but Vern just said no way.

Saboo and Mitzie both loved to snuggle under the covers. Saboo loved water and would get into the bath with me.

We generally look for mutt cats and dogs, but if I found another Tonk at a shelter I would get it, male or female.

One thing, they seem to be better as only cats. We had the Mitzie, then a mutt cat and she never liked the mutt. When Saboo came along he was okay withe mutt cat, but did not like Mitzie. Or that could just be who they were. We got both Tonks as adults.