View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 06:39 PM
Bottle Blonde

Originally Posted by nativetexan
Don't feel bad, at least he's enjoying playing with it. mine got sold on Ebay!
I gave one that was raffled off for $ to pay for a vacation - then she had the nerve to suggest I make more, she would organize the raffle and split the cash with me .....another was stolen from my niece and entered in a local competition with someone else taking credit for my work....another was given to a friend's daughter at a baby shower, 3 weeks later she re-gifted it to another expectant mother at a different shower - after thanking me and telling me it was the most special item she had received. ?

When we make quilts and give them to people we love, we are giving away a very important part of ourselves. Our vision, our creativity, our talent, our experience, our devotion to the art, and sometimes our blood, sweat and tears go into our quilts. We tend to take it very personally when our work is not respected. I do the same thing many other board members do....I make utility quilts to give as gifts. They are still very nice - and my family loves to get them. The larger/harder quilts I have made stay at my house. I intend for family members to get them eventually...just not yet. I am still upset over some of the disrespectful things that have been done to me in the past.