Old 03-28-2014, 09:31 AM
mhollifiel

For those of you who have responded to this thread, THANK YOU for such wonderful and well thought out suggestions. This is really going to help. . . lots! DH and I are both retired and both widowed from long marriages to wonderful people. He built his home in the West Virginia mountains near Lewisburg and I rent out my home in piedmont Carolina. Together we bought "our" little fishing shack on the Albemarle Sound in North Carolina. It's lovely (and challenging) to have all this but we both paid very high prices for this luxury and we try to celebrate our "others" together since their loss provided the means for all our homes and lifestyle.

It takes a day to travel from one home to the other and, while there are quilt shops and fabric stores along the way, we are usually loaded and not inclined to extend the trip with shopping. There is a fabric shop in Lewisburg but lots of their cottons are not LQS quality. Near the fishing shack, the closest good fabric shopping is in the Hampton Roads, Virginia area. Fortunately, we love to take road trips and, in warm weather, travel by Honda trike. LQS shopping and shipping is always a part of that. Which pretty much explains the huge stash.

My current DH is amazing and generous and our meeting is an amazing story of letting your faith guide you. I am truly blessed beyond my wildest imaginings.

Last edited by mhollifiel; 03-28-2014 at 09:35 AM.