Old 03-31-2014, 11:05 AM
tropit

Originally Posted by tropit View Post
Update: OK, I wasn't going to vent. Really, I wasn't. I even took a full day and lost myself in trying to play my violin to distract myself. The long awaited Bernina arrived last night. The small, taped together box was soaking wet and falling apart. When I picked up the machine, water literally poured out of it. The base and case are completely smashed, the junction box is in pieces and I only found part of the bobbin case floating in the box. There was no protective padding around the machine, (however, they did pad up the accessories...thanks,) no box within a box, no foam, peanuts or otherwise, no plastic bag to prevent moisture from coming in. All this after I contacted the Ebay seller and kindly directed her to the Ebay guide for packing sewing machines and told her how common it was for machines to arrive damaged. In one ear, out the other. :::sigh::: It's salvageable, but it will take some doing. I'm hoping the motor still runs after all the moisture. The case and plug will have to be rebuilt. I know...I'm preaching to the choir. Thanks for listening. Now, back to sawing on the fiddle.
~ Cindy
Update: The seller just gave me a 40% refund for the damage done to this machine. It pays to complain sometimes.
~C