View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 06:17 AM
tessagin
Power Poster

Make sure you check everything so you leave no valuables behind in drawers and such. Pockets; check for change and receipts that may have any valuable information. My sister uses shirt box lids (old ones) to keep clothes displayed on tables in order. She attaches cardboard tags so people know sizes. She also keeps male clothing separate from female whether on a rack or a box. She keeps sm, med, and lg bags separate. At the end of (last day) she has a bag sale. $2 bag, Paper bags same. Often she takes a photo of a piece with the tag price and keeps record of it. You can do this with your phone. People will swap tags. Try to have an extra person or 2 to help with the sale. Go online and check some of your more valuable pieces and see what ebay may be selling them at. If some one says I can go on ebay and get it for this price, just tell them they don't have to pay for shipping since you can put it in their hot little hand today. I had a 3rd seat from a Suburban a co worker wanted. Good shape few people sat in it. He asked what we wanted for it and I said $100.00 after hubby saw it online for $75. Ours was in much better shape and the guy had his hot little hand on it. He paid the $100.00 and we immediately loaded it into his truck. Cover anything you don't want to sell. Don't be afraid to put a sign up stating "Restrooms unavailable to public" They will ask. Good luck and hope this helps.