View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 10:35 AM
Nammie to 7

I've been so lucky to go to Houston not once but 3 times. I stay at a hotel straight down from the convention center (trying to recall the name -- Downtown Courtyard Marriott). It is close enough to walk (which is nice if you are taking classes and sitting all day. Just a block the other way is a McDonalds where we had breakfast every day) The Houston Pavilion is right across the street with great restaurants to choose from. There is a hotel shuttle for the days you don't want to walk. You can also have the shuttle pick you up and take you back to the hotel. Cost of the shuttle is a tip for the driver. Close to the convention center is a wonderful deli with a great salad bar -- we had different salads every evening. We fly in on Sunday and leave the following Sunday.

The classes are wonderful! I've taken two day seminars, full day classes, half day classes, done the luncheons, and have gone on a bus trip to LaGrange to see the quilt museum there. The vendor mall is fabulous, and the quilts are beyond description.

I usually plan on spending about $2000.00 for air fare, hotel, classes, food and what ever I want to spend. It is worth every penny! I would recommend you get an old catalog and read it front to back -- it contains a wealth of information. Reading it over will give you an idea how classes are organized. You will see them listed by type and day.

Oh man, I'm talking myself into going back!!

Last edited by Nammie to 7; 04-07-2014 at 10:41 AM.