Old 04-08-2014, 11:45 AM
Cogito

Default I am sooo stupid I want to cry. PLEASE HELP

Ok, a couple of days ago I posted my new favorite machine, a 1941 Crinkle Singer 66 treadle in pristine condition. It treadled beautifully and as fast or slow as I desired. What did I do today you ask? Well I hadn't actually checked out the stitching because the spool pin was in the drawer. Today I took it out and tapped it in the hole with a hammer. It wasn't wanting to stay so I did give it a few good taps. As soon as I did that she would not treadle! I mean really really hard....what the heck?
so I investigated....what in the HELL (please excuse me but I am really upset) was I thinking?? I had tapped it into an oil hole! It didn't actually stay as I was able to easily remove it, but it did it's damage. I am posting photos. Please, please someone help me. I have tried several things to get it to treadle as it did initially. I am sick at heart and hope I haven't done damage that is beyond MY fixing capability. I have tried several things to correct the issue....oiling heavily in that area, tapping lightly from below, ie. in the opposite direction. All to no avail. I am just sick about it.

So I tapped it into this hole that is bigger and has the smaller recessed hole....to the right of the PROPER spool pin hole. You can see it from below in the next photo....just below the knob for the access plate.

I am truly hoping someone is laughing right now and saying "silly girl...easy fix!"
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  

Last edited by Cogito; 04-08-2014 at 11:48 AM.