Old 04-08-2014, 12:43 PM
ThayerRags

Originally Posted by Cogito View Post
....I had tapped it into an oil hole!....I tapped it into this hole that is bigger and has the smaller recessed hole....to the right of the PROPER spool pin hole....
I haven’t actually done that, but looking at my Singer 66-18 Centennial machine, it looks like all you did was tighten up the Arm Rock Shaft adjustment by driving the upper center down. There’s another center on the bottom, with a screwdriver slot in it and a locknut on it.

If it were me, I think I would loosen the locknut on the bottom Arm Rock Shaft Center, and use a large screwdriver to see if I could turn the lower Center inward at all to push the upper Center back up just a tad, and then back off the lower Center just enough to free things back up without the Shaft being sloppy and lock the locknut back down.

If I couldn’t get the upper Center to move up, I’d just back the lower center off just a bit and tighten the locknut back tight.

I’ve not ever adjusted an Arm Rock Shaft, so you might wait until you hear from Steve again to get his opinion on your fix.

CD in Oklahoma
Attached Thumbnails 470742d1396986010-image.jpg   machine503_14.jpg