Thread: Cinderella
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2014, 02:32 PM
viavillecinque

Default Cinderella

Good evening, morning ,day, night…
I got in Italy in Firenze a nice sewing machine, quite worn , but very nice too,it has yet some MOP little flowers.
searching on the internet I discovered it is a Cinderella, Biesolt & Locke, Meissen. the mark is a little lion.
I forgot to take a picture of merk and handcrank
Here is it, mine, and the one of the a 1887 advertising from journal of domestic appliances

[ATTACH=CONFIG]470927[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]470928[/ATTACH]

you can notice in the advertisement the curious and nice handcrank. My machine is missing of the porcelain piece, I must replace it

but for now, the history is this is the most jammed machine I never saw.
These pictures was made after some cleaning, and I think the lint is not old mineral oil, but a organic one, olive oil perhaps, one of the products of sicily

here is other pictures, marked with little stars the most important jammed points
[ATTACH=CONFIG]470929[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]470930[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]470932[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]470934[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]470936[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]470938[/ATTACH]

it is a sort of glue, that wd40 and similar doesn’t well take away, only nitro diluent, with metallic wool.

All the parts I marked with a little star are strongly glued
We was able only to unlock the two conical cog wheels, with wd40 oil and force. But the movement is not trasmissed to the under mechanism.

It is not the first dirty machine I clean but I am really confused, I don’t know if preparing a bath for it, or disassemble

We continue to oil etc, but I would ask you to counsel me about an order of action to follow in this work, and I put the little coloured stars for more clearness, because I’m Italian, and I may make confusion with parts names

Must I disassemble first the green stars? For example?

The needlebar is yet very jammed, and the shuttle carrier seems welded with the shuttle and the bar….

So… thank you… waiting four your answers cristiana
Attached Thumbnails macchina-intera.jpg   journaldomes151887lond_0152.jpg   macchina-dietro.jpg   bloccoago.jpg   dscf3238.jpg  

dscf3244.jpg   cog-e-stellina.jpg   stellat.jpg