Cinderella

Old 04-11-2014, 12:27 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by viavillecinque View Post
thank you, Amy. in effect, constancy and patience are the best diluents. do you think the vertical axis is only stuck by gum. gum is very strong, it may be able to contrast the handcrank and the pie slice in two opposite sides, do you think?
It is very likely stuck by the gummy oil. Get the gummy oil cleaned out of there. Clean each gear tooth, too. Clean that shaft as well as you can. After the gum and oil is cleaned out of there try a little heat with a hair dryer (no flame) At some point after the old oil is gone, you will need to re-oil with fresh new oil. Around here we would use Tri-Flow oil or bicycle oil a penetrating oil.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:23 PM

a phone, you say? I must try. have a good week end
Old 04-12-2014, 06:31 PM

I'm in another house, now. complicate to explain, and to do.
to move house is not the best condition to cleaning machines...but.....I could see my others fiddlebase, a singer 12 and a kimball morton for verifying the mechanism, and I found an engraving[ATTACH=CONFIG]471335[/ATTACH]
so, now I can use correct names.
my pie slice is simply (too simply) called crank, etc.
I must confess I didn't remember if the crank made a complete and continuous rotation, or to and fro.
I saw now, my pie-slice turning easily on itself (in the other machine)
in Cinderella, today, the crank arrived to make the entire rotation many time but yet with a remarkable effort.
the very problem is that the vertical shaft is not 'soldered' to the horizontal one, the two screws in the gear are not able to catch it and make it rotate. why?
Because dirtyness is so strong to nullify the screws force? month ago I noticed, in a little chainstich, that the shaft rotation did not request a big grasp (? ) of the screw
It must be sufficient a force as that of two forceful decise fingers. am I right?
that I noticed is that if one know well as fiddlebase works the things are more easy...
Old 04-12-2014, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by viavillecinque View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]471092[/ATTACH]

here is the two cog wheels and the vertical shaft, marked by a green arrow. it can't rotate..sleeping

why? ciao to all you cristiana
Straight above the big green arrow pointing to your vertical shaft is a hole in the vertical shaft's gear that looks like there should be a set screw in it to hold the gear to the shaft. Is the set screw there and is it tight?

If it is loose or missing the gear won't turn the shaft.
I hope it is this simple.
Rodney
Old 04-12-2014, 08:45 PM

you just saw what I didn't write for I was tired, translation ecc. but I thought, in my mind., someone perhaps will see the hole....

now the history is: the holes are six : two in the vertical gear, two in the horizontal gear , and two with the big cam underbed

when I opened the machine there were two screws in the vertical gears, one in the horizontal one , and one in the big cam. who stole them? a mistery

the arm was closed from many years.....

without Sherlock Holmes, where might I found two other screws?
i just tried to distribute my four screws in different ways. but they are few
I may try the disassembled screws of the shuttle-carrier, but after what type of screw I must buy? and where?
ciao thank you cristiana

Last edited by viavillecinque; 04-12-2014 at 08:57 PM. Reason: precisations
Old 04-14-2014, 07:17 AM
Banned

if you can verify that a screw that you have will fit in the hole where a screw is missing, then you should be able to have a copy of that screw made.
Old 04-14-2014, 12:37 PM

hi, I do this. I put again in their place the two screws I found when I opened the machine. the hole that you see in the picture was fitted by a screw that I put away for cleaning
another screw was in the horizontal shaft and another, longer, in one side of the crank
the horizontal shaft rotate even without any screw
if I put two screws in the gear around the vertical shaft, and othr two in the crank, the vertical shaft does not yet rotate
I thought this two
1 is it perhaps some hole for the screw point in the vertical shaft and they/it is turned back in the inaccessible side of the arm?and how, why? if the screws were inside when the machine frozed with gum

2 the shaft is so glued to contrast the force of the screw, even well and too tightened.
in this last case the only would be disassemble all to clean the shaft, because I don't know if an entire year of paraffin drops would be sufficient to unblock it ciao