Thread: Meet The Queen
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2014, 08:29 AM
Macybaby

Davis went out of business in the late 1920's. I've not seen any Davis machines with a fiddle base also.

Does the shuttle have a pin in it? that is a very unique and distinctive White design. This does not have any of the distinctive White lines, however I know White made some very different looking machines after they acquired Domestic ( I've not read that they ever acquired Davis). And while early Domestic machines are fiddle base and do look similar, they have an oval needle plate. Davis and White are both rectangular. Another Davis design is to have the belt on the outside of the flywheel, and White is inside.

I love researching older machines - I wouldn't take too much into what "worthpoint" says as they say "not made by Sears" and Sears never made ANY machines - they always had some other company making them for Sears.

BTW - that IS an earlier White style bobbin winder assembly. I've seen that on early White machines and keep getting tempted to buy one with it. This could be early White VS design - and then they went more like the AG Mason when they got involved with that company. So much to try to figure out - and so little documentation to help.

Last edited by Macybaby; 04-10-2014 at 08:32 AM.