Thread: Renters?
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2014, 01:42 PM
mom2pekes2

I am so very glad to know your house has been sold quickly. Even though we had a good lease with each set of renters we did not live close enough to the house to oversee it properly. The lady who was our agent in charge of the first two sets of renters allowed them to paint the rooms any colors they wanted(without our permission) and did not make repairs as they became necessary, By the time we got an itchy feeling about the situation our second set had left. After not seeing it for 3.5 years we invested enough to make the trip to visit the house. When we arrived after a three day trip and a stop for dialysis, the shock of seeing our house was enough to throw me completely into depression and a break down. Now we are suing the last occupants and still considering a law suit for the second set since there is still time. The second set did pay their rent usually on time, but the property destruction which occurred while in their possession was extensive. We were able to partially repair it in spring last year, but there was so much, and the next renter was anxious to move in asap. We were so naïve. Now it is paid for and just sitting there empty, waiting for the next experience. It will be put on the market, and we already are aware of the loss we will sustain in the sale. I envy the homeowners who are fortunate enough to have good experiences with their renters.