Renters?

Old 04-10-2014, 01:42 PM

I am so very glad to know your house has been sold quickly. Even though we had a good lease with each set of renters we did not live close enough to the house to oversee it properly. The lady who was our agent in charge of the first two sets of renters allowed them to paint the rooms any colors they wanted(without our permission) and did not make repairs as they became necessary, By the time we got an itchy feeling about the situation our second set had left. After not seeing it for 3.5 years we invested enough to make the trip to visit the house. When we arrived after a three day trip and a stop for dialysis, the shock of seeing our house was enough to throw me completely into depression and a break down. Now we are suing the last occupants and still considering a law suit for the second set since there is still time. The second set did pay their rent usually on time, but the property destruction which occurred while in their possession was extensive. We were able to partially repair it in spring last year, but there was so much, and the next renter was anxious to move in asap. We were so naïve. Now it is paid for and just sitting there empty, waiting for the next experience. It will be put on the market, and we already are aware of the loss we will sustain in the sale. I envy the homeowners who are fortunate enough to have good experiences with their renters.
Old 04-10-2014, 03:33 PM

Don't do it! We had to rent our home while going overseas on assignment and we check their references up and down. She was a former Miss Ohio and he was the import manager at a large car dealership. Two kids, no pets. I explained what we were looking for in people who would live and take care of our home. They were paying a large monthly amount so of course we're thinking good deal. Less than six months into a two year agreement we happened to be back in the States for a visit. Our neighbors called the hotel and said are your renters moving out in the rain in the middle of the night?? Well yes they are and guess what, two months late on the rent, own a puppy now who has peed all through my house. Large black spot in bedroom where one of the kiddies dumped a liter of soda. Every rug in the house was tracked with mud. Deposit wouldn't begin to cover the mess and we never got those months of rent. Poor management company and lousy renters. Sorry I don't have a good story to tell you but at the same time we also had a condo rented out. Story was even worse over there. I wouldn't rent a dog house to anyone anymore. Not worth it.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:08 PM

Congratulations on selling your house so quickly! Now to get rid of your extra stuff! Best of luck at your garage sale