Thread: Renters?
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2014, 03:33 PM
athomenow

Don't do it! We had to rent our home while going overseas on assignment and we check their references up and down. She was a former Miss Ohio and he was the import manager at a large car dealership. Two kids, no pets. I explained what we were looking for in people who would live and take care of our home. They were paying a large monthly amount so of course we're thinking good deal. Less than six months into a two year agreement we happened to be back in the States for a visit. Our neighbors called the hotel and said are your renters moving out in the rain in the middle of the night?? Well yes they are and guess what, two months late on the rent, own a puppy now who has peed all through my house. Large black spot in bedroom where one of the kiddies dumped a liter of soda. Every rug in the house was tracked with mud. Deposit wouldn't begin to cover the mess and we never got those months of rent. Poor management company and lousy renters. Sorry I don't have a good story to tell you but at the same time we also had a condo rented out. Story was even worse over there. I wouldn't rent a dog house to anyone anymore. Not worth it.