View Single Post
Old 12-20-2009, 05:44 AM
MaryAnna

Originally Posted by no co quilter
What is cotton method? I've made a couple of throws -machined quilted myself -- also made some toppers using the flip and sew method. This is how I have kept the cost down. Sending out projects to be quilted can be costly -- usually it depends on the pattern used. I'm realitively new - when I improve(a lot) my aim is to make a Queen size -this will have to be sent out. This hobby can be addicting! Good luck.
The Cotton method is: Betty Cotton's 'Cotton Theory' method. It's a 'quilt as you go' type method, similar to www.baysidequilting.com 's 'fun and done' method. You cut your backing, batting and quilt block and top quilt, the backing is bigger than the block & batting, then you stich together the blocks, bringing the backing to the front, then folding down the backing and stitching. I have her book and dvd, but I think her quilts are a bit stiff, and fun and done seems much easier. Betty Cotton's methos requires alot of stitching- making the quilt heavier. Check out bayside quiltings fun & done, they have a free video at their website.
Kind Regards,
MaryAnna