Old 04-12-2014, 01:35 PM
DeneK

I am sure that my seams are a part of the problem so as I put together the incomplete one, I was exceedingly careful. The more I learn about diamonds (and boy, have I read a lot in the past 2 weeks), I believe that the 45 degree angles are just slightly off in some of my sewing and I even think there are some errors in the pattern itself. Between the 2 issues, it is very hard to set them in the way they should. As you can see from the glued together pattern portion above, two of the last two seams do not come together as they should.

I took the piece to my quilt club meeting today and while everyone could see my problem, they were very encouraging to just finesse it together and let the quilting help obscure the problem. They didn't think it was as bad as I did. I do have 24 of those bad boys sewn. Not sure I have the heart (or time) to rip them all. Especially seeing that the ones I ripped did not go together that much better. I have agonized over this for the last 2 weeks and I need to move on from being mired in self flagellation.