View Single Post
Old 04-12-2014, 05:01 PM
ScrappyAZ

Default Garage Sale Update

We had our very first garage sale today. It was quite the experience, and my thanks go out to everyone who provided very helpful tips! I must say that garage sale people are very unique. We had the garage sale because we bought a smaller home and had to get rid of "extras" that would not fit in our new home. Since our goal was to sell or donate everything, we priced everything very low. I was definitely surprised at the number of people who wanted to pay $1 for something priced at $2. Really? People dicker over one dollar? I met some very interesting people.

We were selling an older model video camera for $15. One gentleman said it was too old and no one would want it but he'd take it off our hands for $5. I asked "how about we meet in the middle for $10?" He said No, he will keep his money and left. Shortly after, another gentleman asked about the camera. I told him the price was $15 and he said he could not pass up such a deal. Sold! So what happened about half hour later? The first gentleman stopped by again, looked at the empty spot where we had the camera and asked where "his" camera was. I reminded him that he didn't want it so I sold it. He seemed upset that I did not save the camera for him, but he purchased a small vase for $1.

Not sure we will have another garage sale any time soon. It was more work than I thought, but I'm happy we did it.