View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 07:41 PM
Dolphyngyrl

Default ScanNCut from brother

Got a bonus this year, and was gonna buy a serger, but then this gadget caught my eye. I am the kit queen, and most of mt kits are applique, and I do occasionally do scrapbooking so I thought why not. If I don't like it I will just return it. So I have successfully cut paper, and successfully cut fabric into the shape of a flower with no fusible. Took me a while to adjust the settings. To me the manual is all scattered, and I have been figuring it out by trial and error(seriously hate the manual especially weird since their sewing machine manuals are so well written, but this manual is about as bad as their embroidery software manual). I do however really like the machine and can see it being very valuable in quilting, there are a lot of blocks installed on the machine, I can really see this being good for quilts that have templates as you can scan them into the machine. So for anyone toying with the idea of this machine, I was skeptical because I have seen peoples results and some were great and some not so, but I feel for my embroidery quilting and scrapbooking it is a really nice machine. Have not figures out the online conversion site for cut files yet, but will update when I figure it out. I have done the applique on my MIL cricut, but find this machine produces a nicer cleaner cut. My FIL will be trying fabric on his silhouette this week so I will get to see results, although I have heard the scanncut is much better for fabric, and I am highly enjoying mine