View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 07:36 PM
amandasgramma

I don't have a park model, but want to comment about having a separate "shop/studio". My studio is an old lean-to behind the garage. It's only steps from our back deck. I love it and hate it! No bathroom....but it gives me an excuse to come into the house and see the hubby. I have a radiator space heater and a small $149.00 window a/c. it's VERY comfortable in it! DH gutted the lean-to (not hard to do) and insulated and fixed it up for me. Added windows and a door with 15 large bevels window panes. The studio is actually my longarm shop. I hate it when I have to walk thru snow to get to it........well, hate is a strong word....I have accepted we live where there is snow. I can turn on my radio to country/western (husband hates it) and play as loud as I want. I don't have ANY problem really with it being out of the house......my longarm doesn't bother anyone else. Now....I'm not sure I'd like to have my sewing room out there! I get up in the middle of the night and will sew.......would NOT walk out to the shop after dark.....nope.....we live in the country -- there's bears out there!