View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 06:18 AM
Billi

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post

I think I had the tendency to hoard myself, especially after the death of my mother. Thank God that Superstorm Sandy took 90% of it. I will never, not ever, go down that path again. And I do highly recommend Flylady. If you follow her you'll stay on track.
Krystyna do not take this as judgement because it is not my intent...I found this last statement very interesting you lost a large part of your things in a horrible disaster. And you know that you will never become a budding horder again. Do you feel like its easier that way in that you did not have to get rid of it that you did not have to make the decision to give a gift away or a memory of a loved one, you had no choice it was taken from you and you were able to say goodbye to it and blame a disaster? I think for some people it would have the opposite effect and they would now hoard everything and you feel like you gained control of it.

I wonder if it is a genetic or learned behavior or possible both, I do know it is a true mental health issue not what some people call laziness.