Old 04-19-2014, 04:57 AM
Carrie in PA

Originally Posted by misseva View Post
But if you use the machine wouldn't that be defeating the purpose of a 'hand quilting' project that you could take with you? I started an English Paper Pieced GFG and got it approximately 3' square/oval and my left hand gave out on me. I broke my wrist 2 years ago and while I still had the cast on I finished embroidering a baby quilt. The result was a numb finger & thumb from rubbing against my cast for a long time. Now it just hurts when I grip the hexies long enough to hand sew. I un-sewed all of them and will applique them to squares & make it into a quilt that way.
I feel your pain, literally. Years ago i damaged a tendon in my thumb and now i have have problems with grip and feeling. Sometimes i have a lot of pain in my wrist. It can be difficult any time i have to hold something firm with my left hand. I have to be careful when i hold cups and plates, sometimes i just drop things. Ooops lol

Pinning my blocks together is tough and i worry that hand sewing won't be easy. I think i will start with a place mat or table runner.