View Single Post
Old 12-20-2009, 06:47 PM
deedles215

Thank you everyone! I joined this board a while back and I've asked lots of questions, wouldn't have been able to finish without your help.
So this was the scoop. I decided to make a quilt for Christmas for my niece who lives in Missouri. I've never made a quilt before.
I've been working my tail off on it, and here it is!
I made a matching pillow sham for her- the quilt is a twin, the sham is a standard pillow size (20x26). The first picture shows them both.
We just celebrated Christmas down in IA with my DH's family, the second picture is her daddy holding the quilt up, right after opening.
Third picture is Nasaria (niece) sitting in the box, way more excited about the box than the quilt. Sigh... she's only 1 1/2, what else to expect huh?!
I was hoping for, as I'm sure many do, a grand thank you, tears, etc... none of which I got, which was okay I guess... I just sat there looking at all the blood, sweat and tears that went into it and my heart sank a little bit. lol!
But I'm okay with it, had to let it go, had to accept that it's a gift, and they can do with it what they please. Another sigh... :)
So here it is!!! Let me know what you think- it was definitely not perfect, but I was so in love with it anyway.
Thanks again, everyone, for all the help and suggestions on it. I literally couldn't have finished without everyone's help.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-60638.jpe   attachment-60639.jpe   attachment-60640.jpe