Old 04-21-2014, 07:04 AM
Sewnoma

Default Can't-miss-it quilt shops in/around Portland, OR?

I'm super excited; DH & I are taking a nice long road trip up to Oregon this summer. I have timed it so I can attend a quilt show in Redmond and the Outdoor quilt show in Sisters, OR; then as soon as we leave the Sisters show we're heading up to Portland for 2 days.

I've never been to Portland so I want to make sure I'm not missing anything important! I am going to visit Powell's books (of course) and I found Fabric Depot and a shop called Cool Cottons that sound very good in Portland. Anything else I need to see/do while I'm in Portland?

What about Eugene? We are planning to eat lunch there on our way back home, I'm sure I could squeeze at least ONE quilt shop in while we're there...

On our way home we're going to overnight in Klamath Falls. On our way out there we're going to overnight at Mt. Shasta. (It's a vacation, so we're not in a hurry to get anywhere!) My DH is a photographer so it's going to be a very photogenic trip! I, of course, just want to make sure I find all the good quilt shops.

It will be a lot of fun...I love road trips and I've never spent any time in Oregon. I can't wait!