Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Can't-miss-it quilt shops in/around Portland, OR? >

Can't-miss-it quilt shops in/around Portland, OR?

Can't-miss-it quilt shops in/around Portland, OR?

Old 04-21-2014, 07:04 AM

Default Can't-miss-it quilt shops in/around Portland, OR?

I'm super excited; DH & I are taking a nice long road trip up to Oregon this summer. I have timed it so I can attend a quilt show in Redmond and the Outdoor quilt show in Sisters, OR; then as soon as we leave the Sisters show we're heading up to Portland for 2 days.

I've never been to Portland so I want to make sure I'm not missing anything important! I am going to visit Powell's books (of course) and I found Fabric Depot and a shop called Cool Cottons that sound very good in Portland. Anything else I need to see/do while I'm in Portland?

What about Eugene? We are planning to eat lunch there on our way back home, I'm sure I could squeeze at least ONE quilt shop in while we're there...

On our way home we're going to overnight in Klamath Falls. On our way out there we're going to overnight at Mt. Shasta. (It's a vacation, so we're not in a hurry to get anywhere!) My DH is a photographer so it's going to be a very photogenic trip! I, of course, just want to make sure I find all the good quilt shops.

It will be a lot of fun...I love road trips and I've never spent any time in Oregon. I can't wait!
Old 04-21-2014, 07:16 AM
Power Poster

Fabric Depot is definitely a must-see. There are several excellent quilt shops between Portland and Eugene if you're willing to drive just a little bit off the freeway. One is Purple Frog in Jefferson, another is Finally Together in Lebanon. Both shops are bright and open with lots of light and friendly people to help you. Another really excellent shop that will take you further off course is JanniLou's in Philomath. I think JanniLou's has some of the most varied and interesting shop samples of any shop I've ever seen, totally worth the trip.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:21 AM

Interstate 5 splits Eugene and Springfield. We have 4 shops in the area~

Something to Crow About (my LQS)
4227-C Main St
Springfield OR 97478
541-746-3256

Country Bumpkin Quilt Shop
1980-A Echo Hollow Road
Eugene, Oregon 97402
541-736-1159

Piece by Piece
62 W. 13th Ave
Eugene, OR 97401
541-743-0266

Quilt Patch
448 West 3rd
Eugene OR 97401
541-484-1925

Also here is a link to Oregon quilt stores by cities ~
http://www.emeraldvalleyquilters.org...on%20city.html
Old 04-21-2014, 09:22 AM

Thank you ladies!!

I don't know how much time I'll have in/around Eugene but I will squeeze in as many shops as I can!

Dunster - I will have to see how far I can get my DH to wander. JanniLou's sounds really interesting!
Old 04-21-2014, 11:02 AM

Either coming or going... you should take the time to stop at Roseburg, Oregon at this quilt shop. It is in the historic downtown area so DH should have plenty to photograph. You won't want to leave. It looks like nothing on the outside but it is exquisitely full of wonderful fabric on the inside. I wanted to never leave. My DH wasn't surprised!

http://www.countryladyquiltshop.com/about

Have a wonderful trip.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:14 AM

Thanks Linda, I will put it on the map! DH mostly likes landscapes rather than buildings or people, but it seems to me it's tough to find landscape in OR that ISN'T worth taking pictures of!
Old 04-21-2014, 11:41 AM

I certainly hope you two get plenty of time for the Oregon coast. It has to be some of the most beautiful scenery I've ever seen and I've traveled quite a bit.

Last edited by Stepney; 04-21-2014 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 04-21-2014, 12:21 PM

I would also say to visit Fabric depot in Portland. It's huge! If you go to their website ( www.fabricdepot.com ) you can see the upcoming sale dates and sign up to get the monthly mailer (email) with discount coupons.

My other favorites are Greenbaums in Salem and Boersma's in McMinnville. If your DH likes airplanes the Evergreen Museum in McMinnville has the Spruce Goose and would keep him busy. It's a picturesque area with a lot of vinyards.
Old 04-21-2014, 12:40 PM

Yes Fabric Depot, plan on spending at least an hour or two there. They have an area near the front door for husbands to sit and watch tv.

Pioneer Quilts
The Pine Needle
Hollyhill Quilt Shoppe
Boersma's

In Vancouver, right across the river from Portland:

Craft Warehouse (a small regional crafting chain similar to Joann's but they have GREAT name-brand quilting fabrics)
Fiddlesticks Quilt Shop
Country Manor
Momma Made It (north of Vancouver, specializes in civil war repros)

p.s. I'm not listing ALL the shops in the area.... just the ones that are, in my opinion, "can't miss".

Last edited by Peckish; 04-21-2014 at 12:43 PM.
Old 04-21-2014, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
p.s. I'm not listing ALL the shops in the area.... just the ones that are, in my opinion, "can't miss".
That's exactly what I'm looking for! There are so many...I need to be choosy because I can't go to them ALL.