Old 04-28-2014, 09:51 AM
HouseDragon

Originally Posted by LynnVT View Post
Fascinating conversation here! Everyone has a different opinion and all are good. If the quilter is an artist, regardless of what holds the needle - your fingers, your domestic machine, your longarm, your sitdown quilt machine, it is still the art that matters. Still another issue is competition with a computer. When your quilt hangs next to a quilt that has been automatically quilted by a machine, not a person handling a machine, that is a whole different ballgame. My feeling is that "roboquilting" should be on the label. Most of the time an experienced quilter can tell the difference, but it's annoying to me that people get to say "quilted by..." when actually all they did was hook it all up, choose a design from a catalog, and stand by or walk away while the machine does all the work. Sure, you have to be there in case the thread breaks or something, but I contend that auto-quilting should be identified on the labels just as professional quilters now are listed. Let's call it what it is. It's fine - I see the purpose of quick and easy - and they are certainly beautiful designs, but I consider it truth in labeling. Am I alone in this?
I totally agree computerized quilting should be labeled as such and be in a category by itself.