Old 05-04-2014, 01:20 PM
Dina

[QUOTE=Marsh;6703721]Dina - this is beautiful and these are the colors I will use to make my son one - but I can't find an exact pattern - I just want to make him a lap quilt. I bought one book on the internet and the patterns were all for wall hangings, they were beautiful but I don't know how to expand the size to create the flow that you have in yours. Any ideas?
How many fabrics did you use?

I enlarged a Surf Song pattern once by making each piece 1/2 inch longer and wider, but it did slightly change the overall pattern. What size do you want? Do you want the pointy ones like this or the curved ones? I had more trouble finding the pointy ones, which is why I just did it without a pattern. (not again though...too much thinking... )

I used 21 fabrics. DO NOT use an odd number. I started with 35 fabrics to choose from and just couldn't get below 21, but a Bargello is much easier with an even number. Then you can press the seams the correct way so they hug. Can't do that with an uneven number. (I can look at my quilt now and easily figure out one fabric I could have left out....)

I ask what size because I have two Bargello books and have 3 more ordered. If I found a pattern the size and pattern you might want, I could guide you to a book.

Did you look at this pattern? http://www.northcott.net/?sid=3&layo...id=1&colid=549

You could add extra borders to it...

Dina