Thread: May weight loss
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 11:59 AM
mateoh

Count me in for this month. Meanmom, You and I seem to be in the same boat when it comes to knees. I had arthroscopic surgery about 8 weeks 9 weeks ago and although I didn't have any knee problems prior to the injury, since there were arthritic changes found with the MRI and part of the Meniscus is now gone, I am feeling the effects. That is one of the reasons I need to get this excess weight off. My surgeon has been very kind and has never said anything about the excess weight and I did tell him today that I have made that a priority since I know that the less weight I have on this joint the more time I will buy. I have read that for each 5 pounds of weight lost, it's like taking 15 pounds off of the impact on the joint.
Good luck everyone. I am going to continue with one day at a time and keep tracking on My Fitness Pal. By the way if you have a 5S I phone and you use My Fitness Pal, you can now download a new program to track your steps without any loss of battery power. I know that there may be other phones that the program is also compatible with but I am not sure which ones.