Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: May weight loss

Blog Entries

May weight loss

May Weight Loss
    May 2014 Weight Loss Adventure with Prize!!
    On May 1st, weigh yourself and write it down. DO NOT send it to me. On May 31st, weigh yourself again and PM your loss. This is weight lost not percentage lost. I will announce the winner on June 3rd.

The prize is a themed FQ from each member. Once a winner is declared, I will contact the winner and FQ's will be mailed by the 6th.

Private message (PM) me for the mailing address. All FQ's should be mailed by the 15th of the month. You need to check in on the thread at least once a week to be eligible for the winning "skinny quarters aka FQ's" and to be declared the "biggest loser" for the month.

You cannot win 2 months in a row.

Chit Chat is allowed, as wells as WAYWO (what are you working on). Please stay positive and uplifting as possible to keeps us all on track. Share tips, recipes, encouraging words and {{{HUGS}}}
    IN May we hope the weather is finally warm and the spring flowers explode with lots of color. So lets see how we can play with some flowered FQ's. Please send quality fabric that you would want to receive in return. As always if you don't have the theme, send what you have. If you don't have a FQ, then send a linear 1/4 yard. If you have signed up to be in the running for the prize, please send your FQ to the hostess by the 15th of the month. As the winner has worked hard for her prize.

Eat healthy, exercise, make wise choices and lose weight but most of all have fun!!!

Sign up deadline to be apart of the PRIZE adventure is May 4th at 9 pm cst. You are encourage to contribute to the thread even if you are not in for the prize.

To let me know you are participating just post on the thread and then send a PM for the mailing address.

Blog Entries
    I will post the FQ themes for 3 months at a time to save on postage if you would like. We already did April. May is flowers and June is blue. Good luck to everyone. When you send your FQ make sure you include your board name in the pkg.
    Pat

I am in for May. I already sent my FQ

I am in for May. Time to buckle down and get serious!

I want to be in again. I sent my FQ for May last month.

I'm in again, too, and sent my FQ when I sent the April FQ. Thanks, Pat!

While working at a medical center some of the staff got together for a weight loss contest. What we found after the first contest is that people with a large amount of weight to lose could lose much more quickly than those with smaller amounts. The doctor had us change to percentages.

Just a thought.

PS: Any weight loss is a good weight loss!
    Last edited by institches33; 04-30-2014 at 06:58 AM. Reason: Not finished

I am in!! Will PM for mailing address.

I'm in again! I am really going to try to get back on my walking routine this month.
    Join the JUNE Pincushion & Needlecase swap:http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...t-t247379.html

One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries A. A. Milne

I'm working on my weight, but not gathering any fabric (since 2001!)
    May I post and read along?

Last months thread lead me to FitnessPal, where I'm logging my foods. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by institches33 View Post
    While working at a medical center some of the staff got together for a weight loss contest. What we found after the first contest is that people with a large amount of weight to lose could lose much more quickly than those with smaller amounts. The doctor had us change to percentages.

Just a thought.

PS: Any weight loss is a good weight loss!
    Different ages and sexes loose at different rates, too. Younger people and men loose faster. Leave it at lbs.

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the new people. KalamaQuilts yes you can just join in the chit chat. I am on a somewhat of a fabric diet for the last 2 years. I have cut way back on buying fabric and could sew for at least 2 lifetimes on what i have. I have been piecing my quilt backs too trying to use it up. You can either join in for the FQ prize or just join the fun.
    Pat

I'm in for May. Will send my FQ tomorrow.

I was pleasantly surprised at the end of April to have actually lost the weight I gained at the beginning of the month. That makes two months in a row with a loss. I will make it three in a row this month!
    Join the JUNE Pincushion & Needlecase swap:http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...t-t247379.html

One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries A. A. Milne

I finally got the right "mind set" on this weight loss thing. I didn't lose any in April like I wrote on the April post, but today, May 1st, I was down at my weigh in. I was surprised, but when I finally get my act together, I can do this. I was down...4.4 lbs. today!

Congrats on your weight loss Teddybear Lady! I'm just starting on my weight loss journey yet again. Wish my loss at the end of May is as good.

Not only did I not lose for April, when I stepped on the scale I was shocked to see that I had actually GAINED!!!

I went to the gym this morning for the first time in I don't know how long. I did not overdo it and already feel much better. I'm going to put it on the calendar, I am much more likely to actually go that way. I've doing ok getting enough water. Now I need to get better with the food.

good to hear some losses, well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Teddybear Lady View Post
    I finally got the right "mind set" on this weight loss thing. together, I can do this. I was down...4.4 lbs. today!
    that special 'mind set'. It really is a special place, I would like to live there forever. When eating healthy and balanced is a happy place. If we could bottle it....

I was tempted twice today with food and resisted. First, our son called and wanted to meet us out for breakfast. I sent my hubby and his sister who was in town visiting us. I stayed home and did laundry. Just a few minutes ago, my DIL called and asked if I wanted to come over and eat pizza. My hubby is already there with the garden tiller. I told her, just feed and water him. haha I've almost got my water in for the day and I've stayed on my eating program. My life seems to revolve around food!

Blog Entries
    I'm back! Should have stayed with it last year. My FQ are in the mail and I am raring to go.......as soon as I clean out my fridge and freezer! What to do with my Easter candy? we meet every Sunday at Panera's for breakfast. Any ideas on what to order?????
    "Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver." Barbara De Angelis

Blog Entries
    I did a mile long walk yesterday and my knee survived. It was a little bit tight at the end but I made it. It was also another mile to and from the car. I hope to avoid knee replacement surgery for a while yet. I have been using the elliptical for the last couple of weeks. It is good because there isn't any impact. I am hoping to get back to spinning classes soon too. I might try taking my bike out this week. It is supposed to warm up quite a bit. I planted most of my herb garden yesterday. I wanted to plant my flower pots but they didn't have the plants I wanted yet. Hopefully we are finished with frost here. Technically it is 2 more weeks.
    We have tons of spinach from the garden so I guess I will be eating a lot of that. Our asparagus isn't doing as well as it should, hopefully the snow a couple of weeks ago didn't ruin it.
    Pat

I have decided to challenge myself this month to complete all the hikes in the local parks "Spree For All". There are 13 hikes in all, none over a mile. Officially you only need to do 5 during May and June to get the pin.

Hi Ladies! I thought I would pop in and see how y'all are doing. Congrats to the losers! I am sadly sitting with the 'gainers' group but hey life happens. I hope to get back in the pool this week & start working out. Keep up the good work, Ladies! I'll pop back over as the month goes on.
    .* .*)) -::-
    ((.*~Dody.*))
    -::- ((.* .*((.. *-::- ...

Hi all, I can't believe I got through the weekend without too much trouble. I'm finding it hard to be on WW for the, hopefully, last time. I'm a widow and haven't done much cooking in the last 5 years, just having myself a ball with eating everything and anything. WW says you could do that but with portion control. Boy was I out of control! LOL Wishing everyone a good week, let me know if I can help in any way. I'm a better cheer leader than a dieter.

Count me in for this month. Meanmom, You and I seem to be in the same boat when it comes to knees. I had arthroscopic surgery about 8 weeks 9 weeks ago and although I didn't have any knee problems prior to the injury, since there were arthritic changes found with the MRI and part of the Meniscus is now gone, I am feeling the effects. That is one of the reasons I need to get this excess weight off. My surgeon has been very kind and has never said anything about the excess weight and I did tell him today that I have made that a priority since I know that the less weight I have on this joint the more time I will buy. I have read that for each 5 pounds of weight lost, it's like taking 15 pounds off of the impact on the joint.
    Good luck everyone. I am going to continue with one day at a time and keep tracking on My Fitness Pal. By the way if you have a 5S I phone and you use My Fitness Pal, you can now download a new program to track your steps without any loss of battery power. I know that there may be other phones that the program is also compatible with but I am not sure which ones.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast