Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: May Weight Loss

Blog Entries

May Weight Loss

May Weight Loss Challenge 2015

May 2015 Weight Loss Adventure with Prize!!
    On May 1st, weigh yourself and write it down. DO NOT send it to me. On May 31st, weigh yourself again and PM me your loss. This is weight lost not percentage lost. I will announce the winner on June 3rd.

The prize is a themed FQ from each member. Once a winner is declared, I will contact the winner and FQ's will be mailed by the 6th.

Private message (PM) me for the mailing address. All FQ's should be mailed by the 15th of the month. You need to check in on the thread at least once a week to be eligible for the winning "skinny quarters aka FQ's" and to be declared the "biggest loser" for the month.

You cannot win 2 months in a row.

Chit Chat is allowed, as wells as WAYWO (what are you working on). Please stay positive and uplifting as possible to keeps us all on track. Share tips, recipes, encouraging words and {{{HUGS}}}
    Hopefully May will be sunshiny. So I thought a good FQ theme for May would be brights so we are ready for June. So I think it is the month we should try to renew our commitment to weight loss and our health We need to get ready for swimsuit season. We are all so used to doing for others.Remember sometimes it is ok to put yourself first. So lets see how we can play with some your choice of FQ's. Please send quality fabric that you would want to receive in return. As always if you don't have the theme, send what you have. If you don't have a FQ, then send a linear 1/4 yard. If you have signed up to be in the running for the prize, please send your FQ to the hostess by the 15th of the month. As the winner has worked hard for her prize.

Eat healthy, exercise, make wise choices and lose weight but most of all have fun!!!

Sign up deadline to be a part of the PRIZE adventure May 4th at 9 pm cst. You are encourage to contribute to the thread even if you are not in for the prize.

To let me know you are participating post on the thread and then send a PM for the mailing address. Our FQ theme for May is brights.

Blog Entries
    I will be having surgery tomorrow so I will probably be late answering a PM and other questions. I will see if I am able to get on the computer. Others on here should be able to answer most questions. Good luck to everyone.
    Pat

To be fair to everyone, you need to base the winner on percentage lost, not the actual number of pounds lost. Why do you think The Biggest Loser does it that way? It gets harder to lose large amounts as you get closer to your goal weight.

Once an Iowan, always an Iowan, but now suburban Chicagoland
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by paoberle View Post
    To be fair to everyone, you need to base the winner on percentage lost, not the actual number of pounds lost. Why do you think The Biggest Loser does it that way? It gets harder to lose large amounts as you get closer to your goal weight.
    I agree this, but meanmom did start the contest....

Blog Entries
    Good luck with your surgery--prayers for a speedy recovery.

I am in for May and pray I get back on the wagon.
    "Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver." Barbara De Angelis

Blog Entries
    This sounds like fun!! Please count me in! I have 40 pounds that I need to shed in all. I know all the right foods to be eating and I eat them right along with the wrong foods! My DH and I have both just steady gained weight in the past couple of years. The weather has been terrible for walking. So, we bought a Norditrak. Then my mama got sick and was in and out of the hospital. Which means we sat in the room with her and snacked on junk foods. We litteraly carried sacks of cookies, chips and crackers with us. So, here I am....... I look forward to sharing recipes with you. Or give and receive just good plain pep talks!! Good luck with your surgery meanmom!!
    A finished quilt excites me!! Whether is it mine or yours!

I'm in for May.
    I hope all went well with your surgery, Pat.

I am in for May as well!!!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

Blog Entries
    Hi I would like to join in on the weight loss
    What else do I need to do. My computer is acting up, I am using my phone...thanks

Not much to do BillieJean. After Meanmon recuperates a bit you can get her address and mail in a fat quarter for the month. Other than that, just join in on the chitchat. Maybe show us a pic of the quilt you are working on.

Hi Ladies, I am joining this again. I had to miss several months as we got my son diagnosed and treatment started, then finding the correct medications, then the correct dosages, then we would start all over. It has been harrowing but I think he is stable enough that I can give myself some desperate attention.

I am in for May. I know fabric quarters are brights for May; has Pat posted June yet? I would like to mail my next 3 months in at the same time.

I have just been scheduled for bilateral knee replacement surgery in less than 6 weeks and would love to have my weight down before that happens. My doctor assures me that I'll be able to power walk, even do aerobics once it is done. The very thought of that much movement makes me giddy.

Good luck to everyone!
    Lynne
    Austin, Tx

Welcome back, Lynne! I hope you son is doing better. June is blenders.

Blog Entries
    thinking of joining.
    tomorrow is free ice cream at CARVEL for those of you on the eastern coat.
    Last year, I hit 5 of them for free ice cream. Let's see how I do on that first.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Blog Entries
    I am in again for May. I want to continue on, and hope to keep losing some. I want to eat better so it will be a bit easier with my other issues.

Thanks Pam! I'll be in Austin Friday and I can grab skinnies for the next 3 months and get those babies in the mail.
    Lynne
    Austin, Tx

Blog Entries
    am upset and just ate 3/4 of the tub of icecream, not a good start.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Hi all! You all sound like wonderful women and I'm excited to join you. I have gained and lost the same 20 pounds my entire life. I'm trying a new approach this time and hoping it works for a permanent solution. This sounds like fun!

Well I am in again. Last month was the first time I went on a diet for over a decade so and I have a ways to go. I am excited about my progress, maybe not as much the loss of the weight but on how my clothes fit.
    Anna Quilts

I'm in! Good luck to all
    Heather

Good evening Ladies,
    I hope everyone is sitting on GO for the new month. I already have a wrench thrown in, will be out of state and on the road next week. I have resolved to at least do my pre-surgery exercises and make some attempt to cut back on the carbs. Then DH 'loaded up' on road snacks. I'm not talking broccoli, either. lol

Oh well, I'm gonna enjoy the trip and being with my guys and do the best I can.

Best wishes on your efforts my friends.
    Lynne
    Austin, Tx

Blog Entries
    I will try to get my fat (skinny) quarter in soon.

Where is everyone? lol...

We have some warm weather today. In the 80's.
    I am in again this month. I couldn't remember if I said that or not.

Hello to everyone,
    We are in beautiful Colorado. We walked the Riverwalk in Pueblo yesterday. Then the storms have moved in and we've had rain for hours. Headed to Denver today- I hear it is raining there also. I am enjoying the rest - sometimes just a change of scenery saves the soul. During last years visit, we did the Garden of the Gods - just about spent all day there.

Hard to eat clean and travel - I'm just about washing everything down with Dr Pepper. I will get better. How is everyone else doing?
    Lynne
    Austin, Tx

Blog Entries
    The winner for April is JuneBillie with a loss of 9.2 pounds. Congratulations. There were a lot of good losses this month This was the best all around loss month since I have been running this group. I will send out the FQ as soon as I can. I can't drive yet.
    Pat

Congratulations Susan! Those are great numbers for a month. Best wishes for the coming months.
    Lynne
    Austin, Tx

Quote Originally Posted by meanmom View Post
    The winner for April is JuneBillie with a loss of 9.2 pounds. Congratulations. There were a lot of good losses this month This was the best all around loss month since I have been running this group. I will send out the FQ as soon as I can. I can't drive yet.
    Pat
    Wow! Congratulations junebillie!
    Anna Quilts

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast