Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: May weight loss

Hi all, Happy Mother's Day to all the moms or to those that may not be a mom in the traditional way but have served as a mom in inspiration, support and advice through the years. The weekend went well and I was able to get through my two restaurant visits really well. Yay, I am glad to have those behind me now. The two doctors appointments tomorrow did help keep me on track. Good luck to everyone this week and remember we can succeed in this by taking one day at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Terrible week! Fatigue has set in and all I want to do is sleep. 12 hour nights or long naps and then can't sleep (like now). DH thought he was doing me a favor and made me a banana split ---how could I refuse?
    Anyway, Happy Mothers Day to those that are blessed. As for me, I will probably drown my sorrows of not being blessed with a diet coke or Chai Latte!
    Fingers crossed for a better week this coming week - yikes it is my BD and I know I will have at least 3 BD cakes. What is a gal to do?
    Am looking for recipes for good shakes - anyone have some?
    Not sure about shakes but I got an email today with smoothie recipes. Hope some of these work for you.
    http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/25-...fast+Smoothies
    Kind of a crappy day for me. This weather is making me miserable with sinus headaches. Ugh.

Hope everyone had a nice day yesterday and had time with loved ones.

I ate horribly!! All weekend, too. I'm afraid to get on the scales. The only thing I did right was to get down in the floor twice and do some of my yoga, so at least I'm not sore. I hope I can get back to healthier, more mindful eating today.

So we begin another week!! I am back at work, which is a desk job so not much exercise here during the day for me. Was not too bad this past weekend, but I get the snackies so bad here at work all day. Forgot my baggie of veggies today. Down a few lbs, tho, so I must keep at it. Hope you are all doing well, eating right, and feeling slimmer and trimmer!!

Blog Entries
    Hello ladies, how you doing? Been gone for a few, sorry, medical issues. Pneumonia gone, lungs great, chest pain was not heart, after three days in hospital and several tests to tell me all is good, but is back causing the chest pain. Nothing structural, just pulled all the muscles and tendons in back somehow, pneumonia coughing is a cause. Working on getting back on track now. Having to be careful and take meds which is not what I like to do because makes me a slow person which I can't stand. Thinking I will join back in. I really haven't lost any nor gained any so that is a good standing.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Terrible week! Fatigue has set in and all I want to do is sleep. 12 hour nights or long naps and then can't sleep (like now). DH thought he was doing me a favor and made me a banana split ---how could I refuse?
    Anyway, Happy Mothers Day to those that are blessed. As for me, I will probably drown my sorrows of not being blessed with a diet coke or Chai Latte!
    Fingers crossed for a better week this coming week - yikes it is my BD and I know I will have at least 3 BD cakes. What is a gal to do?
    Am looking for recipes for good shakes - anyone have some?
    I noticed on the backof the coconut milk cans there is a wonderful recipe for shakes and low calorie to boot.

Hi Everyone,
    This weekend went well, I was able to stay on plan for the most part and passed on the goodies. It probably also helped having two doctors appointments today and having to be on the scale twice in one day. : ) Anything that helps works for me. This Thursday I return to full duty at work on Thursday which means 12 hour shifts. I need to find a way to deal with the stress that does not involve chocolate. Here's hoping we all have a great week.

Smoothies

Quilter Momma,
    If you like Pumpkin Pie, I have a great recipe for a Pumpkin Pie Smoothie. It is quite easy to mix in a blender and only a few ingredients. Let me know if you would like me to forward the recipe. I also have a book for Vegan Smoothies.

Can't remember if I posted last Thursdays weigh in. I was down 8 tenths. It's a slow process but at least it was down. Don't know how this week will go. I ate out twice with my family. I haven't been on here much because my mouse on my computer is dying a slow death. haha I have a new computer just haven't learned it's programs yet. I know it's a couple of days late but..."Happy Mother's Day" to all of you wonderful people.

I am doing better since I started tracking my food with WW. I do really well if I eat with my daughter. She is a real stickler for tracking. LOL She made it to her goal weight and should become a lifetime member this week. It helps when you only have 23 lbs to lose and are 32 years old. I have lost 25 and have another 20 to go but I am 56 so it's not so easy anymore. My lifestyle doesn't help much either. I ate out almost every day last week.

Quote Originally Posted by mateoh View Post
    Quilter Momma,
    If you like Pumpkin Pie, I have a great recipe for a Pumpkin Pie Smoothie. It is quite easy to mix in a blender and only a few ingredients. Let me know if you would like me to forward the recipe. I also have a book for Vegan Smoothies.
    Would you mind posting the Pumpkin Pie Smoothie here? I love pumpkin pie, have never had a smoothie with pumpkin in it.

I need to find a way to deal with the stress that does not involve chocolate. Here's hoping we all have a great week.
    That's the truth! If you find a way, let me know. Four of us share a room, and there's always chocolate on the counter.

I need to give credit for this recipe to The Happy Herbivore. This is one of my favorite recipes from her.
    Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
    1 banana (frozen)
    1/4 cup pure pumpkin (canned is fine)
    1 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
    1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
    pinch of ground ginger
    2 teaspoons of pure maple syrup

Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth, adding more almond milk as necessary to achieve a smoothie consistency. Taste, adding more maple if desired. 186 calories.
    I try to keep some frozen banana slices in the freezer just for these smoothies. I just slice the banana, place the slices on a cookie sheet and freeze. Once the banana's are frozen I transfer the slices into a baggy and then into the freezer.

I am 73 yrs old and I have to lose 44 lbs. I am not in this may weight loss but that is because I did not start until last Wednesday the 7th after i return from my Doctor. I have to see him in 6 months and he wants me to lose 6 lbs. That seems easy but I want to lose a pound a week. It sure is difficult when we are older. Good luck this month to all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Susanna10 View Post
    thank you thank you and a special thank you to the mystery winner. I am so excited. Now, if I can just keep it off this month that would be great. This is such nice group of people to talk with. Everyone is in the same boat I am in. I am 67 years old and trying to loose 50 lbs.
    Susanna
    Suzanne
    Asking a seamstress to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage.

Blog Entries
    TeddybearLady, that's good that you lost more weight after over 4 pounds last week. Keep doing what you're doing.

QM, I'm sorry to hear that you've been ill. Pneumonia can hang on so long and drag you down. The good thing you didn't gain weight on the starchy hospital food. Take it easy until you are stronger.

I don't know how much weight I need to lose. I'm so much shorter than I used to be so my old 'normal' amount might be too much, but at this point I'd settle for it. I will know when I've lost enough. It's still coming off fast because I gave up Lyrica but that should slow down soon. I've been able to take my dogs for longer walks (between the raindrops) which might help, too.

I AM losing weight and getting healthier.

Mateoh, thanks for the recipe, I too love pumpkin pie.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pam H View Post
    Not sure about shakes but I got an email today with smoothie recipes. Hope some of these work for you.
    http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/25-...fast+Smoothies
    Kind of a crappy day for me. This weather is making me miserable with sinus headaches. Ugh.
    Thanks so much --- Love quite a few of them.
    "Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver." Barbara De Angelis

Blog Entries
    I need to give credit for this recipe to The Happy Herbivore. This is one of my favorite recipes from her.
    Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
    1 banana (frozen)
    1/4 cup pure pumpkin (canned is fine)
    1 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
    1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
    pinch of ground ginger
    2 teaspoons of pure maple syrup

Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth, adding more almond milk as necessary to achieve a smoothie consistency. Taste, adding more maple if desired. 186 calories.
    I try to keep some frozen banana slices in the freezer just for these smoothies. I just slice the banana, place the slices on a cookie sheet and freeze. Once the banana's are frozen I transfer the slices into a baggy and then into the freezer.
    Oh, does that sound good. Have never tried Almond Milk. Any good??
    "Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver." Barbara De Angelis

"I am 73 yrs old and I have to lose 44 lbs. I am not in this may weight loss but that is because I did not start until last Wednesday the 7th after i return from my Doctor. I have to see him in 6 months and he wants me to lose 6 lbs. That seems easy but I want to lose a pound a week. It sure is difficult when we are older. Good luck this month to all."

sewingsuz, I am also in my 70's trying to take off 50lbs. I know what you mean by being difficult when we are older. I'm striving for 1 pound a week getting to my goal in a year. I started WW 3 weeks ago and did fine through Mothers Day. Monday I woke up with bronchitis, which had been brewing for a few days. Don't know what the scale will say on Thursday when I weigh in cause I've been very tired and inactive and food has not appealed to me. Wish me luck! Good luck to everyone, pray your month is a good one.

Blog Entries
    Meanmomma - did you get my fat qaurters????

Congrats on everyone's weight loss, keep up the good work!

Pam H., thanks for the smoothie recipes. I need to try one of these for a breakfast. It was always toast with eggs or cereal for breakfast when I was growing up many moons ago so it's kind of hard to get into the good habit of drinking a breakfast. Hard teaching an old dog like me new tricks. : )

Blog Entries
    Thank you for the recipe. I have frozen pumpkin in my freezer from my garden so it is all organic and wholesome. It will give me another reason to use it up. This year I am seeing if I can grow the largest pumpkin. Not sure how good the meat will be in it, but the challenge sounds like such fun.

Blog Entries
    I agree on the age issue. Much harder to loose when we get older because our metabolism slows down. We can do it if we stick to a plan. At least that is what I tell myself. I seem to play the yo yo game with my weight. It seems exercise helps me the most. I know my mom lost 170 pounds, but gained half of it back because she went off her life plan and hurt her back. She is back on it again and loosing and she is 72 now and lost all the weight when she was 70. There is hope for us yet.

congrats to your mom. Makes me feel there might be hope for me, yet. I am 67.

It is so nice to hear about your mother's weight loss journey at age 70. It gives all of us encouragement in our own weight loss struggles. I am trying to plan each days meals a day in advance, and get through one challenge at a time. I go back to work tomorrow,( the first 12 hour shift I will work since January 28th and my subsequent surgery), and I am determined that I will not let the stress get to me.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast