Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: May weight loss

Pete, keeping a written plan really has helped me. I try to plan out my meals the day before and if it is not written down I don't eat it. Pre-planning has been working for me especially when people are always bringing in food and goodies to share. I just let them know it was not planned for so I can't eat it. I do a free program from My Fitness Pal, on line and that has been great. You can decide how many calories you want to eat as well as the percentage of Protein, Carbohydrates and Fat to help you stay on track. I figure what every helps is always good.

Blog Entries
    Fantastic job Missy!! What a blessing to know you are doing so well. Sticking to a food plan is a great way to keep on track. I kinda slid a little this weekend, did not eat the strawberry/rhubarb pie, but had a glass of wine and a little rum in my rhubarb punch. I find that rhubarb in my smoothie is quite good.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

I am hoping that by journaling my food intake that it will make it easier to see where I have gotten off track. I am going to have an peach activia with chunks of peaches for my afternoon snack.

I often wonder if other people plan out their meals. Sometimes I feel like I am obsessed with food.

I am so glad joined this forum again!

Blog Entries
    I too am obsessed with my food too. I count everything and do good for awhile, and then i go off the diet. why can't i stay on a diet. i'm on a way of life diet now. hopefully, i can stick with it.
    I think my problem is i don't see a difference until i loose 40 lbs. i'm about 40-60 lbs overwt, and don't look it. that may be why too.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Blog Entries
    I just came home from the orthopedic surgeons office. It was good news/ bad news. I don't need a knee replacement yet. He is going to do some pretty extensive arthroscopic surgery. He is going to fix the meniscus, and do a bunch of other things. He said it is a pretty good mess in there and is surprised I am walking on it as much as I am. I am having the surgery next Tuesday then some PT and hopefully good as new. I was sure he was going to tell me it needed to be replaced. Now maybe I can get some exercise. I am having a hard time with the stairs and can't do the elliptical or much walking. I am afraid I am going to mess up the good knee.

Oh, Pat. Take care of that good knee! It's amazing how quickly you are getting in for surgery.

Blog Entries
    I was shocked at how fast he got me in for surgery too. The nurse said people are delaying surgery because of the end of the school year. And they are trying to schedule surgery around their vacations. I just hope the recovery is as fast as he says it should be.

Pat, my thoughts and prayers will be with you for a speedy recovery! I think you are wise for getting in sooner rather than later.

Holy moly! I went to the doctor today and it shocked the daylights out of me. I weighed in at 273!!!! I am shocked because I did not think I would have lost much. I even ate before I went there. So shocking! Anywho I just had to share with yall how my weigh in went.. You guys are awesome!

Blog Entries
    Good job on the loss. I am having difficulties right now. I am a stress eater and the stress right now is crazy. Exercise helps with that and I can't do that right now. Knee surgery on Tuesday. Hopefully that will clear things up. There is just way too much crazyness here right now.
    My DH ( who likes to find ways to get out of helping out) suggested that I get my DD to help out after surgery. I told him that would be worse than being home alone. SHe has a 1 year old and a 3 1/2 year old. I just told him as long as I can get to the bathroom without help I am fine home alone. I would actually prefer it. After my rotator cuff surgery a couple of years ago I couldn't get out of the recliner because the handle to put the footrest down was on the right side where I had surgery.
    The dr says I should be ok after a couple of days. Not sure I believe him.
    Pat

Pat, I hope school is over soon and you'll have the whole summer to recover. We don't get out of school until almost the end of June!

Pat, my thoughts and prayers are with you for a speedy recovery! Sending hugs.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpeafemme View Post
    Holy moly! I went to the doctor today and it shocked the daylights out of me. I weighed in at 273!!!! I am shocked because I did not think I would have lost much. I even ate before I went there. So shocking! Anywho I just had to share with yall how my weigh in went.. You guys are awesome!
    Congrats on your loss, you are such an inspiration to us all!

Silverfoxmag, I wish you well at WW. A few years ago I also joined and did lose weight. It is actually the only
    plan that actually works for me. So why do I not go again?...good questions! I guess it is the time and money. Altho
    I know the plan very well I really need to just do it myself at home. Yes, I procrastinate a lot, I know what I need to do, but I just don't do it. Well, maybe this group is a place to get some help. I have about 50 lbs to lose. Nice to know I am not judged here with this nice group of folks. Thanks everyone.... good luck to us all!!!

I get several emails with health info. Here are some diet tips. There were a few pretty good ones IMHO.
    http://www.webmd.com/diet/ss/slidesh...936aL2MTKvE%3d

Blog Entries
    I don't get out of school until June 13 th. School is pretty good this year. Somewhat stressful but not too bad most days. Right now my DH is a major source of stress. He is a landscaper and is always super busy and gets crabby. He seems to be crabbier than usual this year. He is driving me nuts. Hopefully it will calm down soon. Now the money is starting to roll in. That usually cheers him up.
    No good excuse for my poor eating habits except for me. I know what I am supposed to do. Mjmachin I know WW well too. I do well on their plan too. Something about that weekly weigh in in front of someone else helps to make me behave. I might need to go back there.

I weighed in today and was up 2 lbs. I was thinking it would be more with celebrations left and right this time of year. Graduations, birthdays, family get togethers and this coming Saturday, another family reunion. I'm just glad I'm not a drinker or I would stay drunk. Food is my vice I guess. I get so mad at myself for not having the self control I need. Some days I do good, then other days I want to eat everything in site. I'll make it one of these days. You are all very encouraging and I'm so proud of all of you. Have a great, safe weekend.

I played cards tonight with my friends. Oh my. The food this friend made was out of this world. Some of it was somewhat healthy. There was an interesting dip made from cauliflower and a salsa with watermelon and cucumber. Another salsa had artichokes. Yum!!
    We are attempting something this weekend that might crazy. Hubby and I are driving with DGD to a family reunion - 6 hour drive! She will be 15 mo old this weekend. She is still nursing and has never been away from mama over night. Could be very interesting. Her parents are heading to Duluth to celebrate their 5th anniversary.
    Good luck with your surgery, Pat. I will be praying for you.

thanks for sharing your story Missy, may you never regain what you've lost!!

I'm sharing this here because you guys will understand and laugh with me, rather than at me...
    I couldn't find a battery for my pedometer, not at target walmart riteaid...

so I ordered Rob and I FitBits, the simpler ones, call zip. Mine is lime and So tiny and cute.
    I slapped that puppy on and ran from the office door to the gate (77 steps) and back. (77 more steps) And have done it 3 times since.
    It is all about setting our intention isn't it, from there the hard becomes rather easy.
    Or that is my story and I'm sticking with it!
    Keep up the good work friends!

I have the WW activity monitor. The first week it creates your baseline according to your activity level. Then it sets a goal to get you moving more. Some days I am jogging in place in the evening to try to get 100% of my goal. Other days, like today, I have already made my goal and I didn't even workout. I did walk to the grocery store this morning and helped set up for a sale at church this afternoon. With this it is more about being active all day. It gradually increases your goal. I really like it so far. I asked for a fitbit for Christmas. The one my hubby got for me was too small for my wrist. He was ticked that he had to return it and he wouldn't reorder a bigger one.
    We take off for our 350 mile drive tomorrow with the baby. Wish us luck!

Blog Entries
    Good luck with the ride with the baby. I hope she is good. I have been thinking about getting the FitBit. Several people at work have it. I am hoping I can get back to exercising soon. I will be doing PT after surgery. Hopefully things will hear quickly. I am hoping I can make it upstairs to my sewing room quickly. Our bedroom is on the first floor by the sewing room is upstairs.

Blog Entries
    Good luck with your surgery, Pat.

Pam, you very brave, but I know the reunion attendees will be glad you brought the little one.

Weight is stuck, but at least it's stuck 6 pounds down from where it was the first of the month.

Blog Entries
    I was planning on going to the quilt show in Columbus OH today. I decided it was too much walking and I don't feel like driving there it is almost 2 hours. So I am going to go to one of the LQS instead. They are having a sale on batiks and Kaffe Fasset fabric. I will probably save a bunch of money VS going to the show.
    I am down 2 pounds this month. Better than nothing but not what I had hoped!

Blog Entries
    I was a bad girl at the LQS. Kaffe Fasset fabric was 50% off. I bought 2 1/2 yard bundles and several other pieces. I also bought some aboriginal fabric from Australia. Very pretty colors.
    I have a lot of bad food in my house right now. Leftover desserts from several different things. Cupcakes, chocolate caramel brownies and cheesecake. My DH is bugging me to make a strawberry roll up cake because we have strawberries from the garden. They are all calling my name right now. I guess I will have to leave the house and go shopping. I am hoping the boys will eat most of it up when they get home from fishing.

Dropping food in the trash was one of the hardest things to do for me.
    Probably a lot of us grew up with depression era parents and had the phrase drummed into our heads
    "there are poor starving children in (insert where ever..moms was Ethiopia), clean your plate!"

It has only been in the last 10 years for the other shoe to drop, for me to realize what I eat or don't eat doesn't help starving children anywhere. If you won't keep it in the house, if family see you pitching it, they will have better regard for what they bring in or insist on. No need to explain or offer excuses, just pitch it.

Something that has helped me to not squirrel away candy is Caltrate in the zip lock container.
    Each square is 600 mg of calcium. I keep it in a pretty bowl in my bathroom and have 2 or 3 in the course of the day.
    They are quite satisfying for that sweet urge you can chew them for awhile , and my dr wants me to take at least 1500 mg a day so it is win win in my book.

I had spam for dinner last night and was up two pounds this morning. Amazing what salt can do.
    I had 13000 steps on my fitbit yesterday because I got half of our huge lawn mowed. Cool! wish I could do that every day, it was about 5.5 miles

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast