May weight loss

Old 05-13-2014, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by mateoh View Post
Quilter Momma,
If you like Pumpkin Pie, I have a great recipe for a Pumpkin Pie Smoothie. It is quite easy to mix in a blender and only a few ingredients. Let me know if you would like me to forward the recipe. I also have a book for Vegan Smoothies.
Would you mind posting the Pumpkin Pie Smoothie here? I love pumpkin pie, have never had a smoothie with pumpkin in it.
Old 05-13-2014, 01:11 PM

I need to find a way to deal with the stress that does not involve chocolate. Here's hoping we all have a great week.
That's the truth! If you find a way, let me know. Four of us share a room, and there's always chocolate on the counter.
Old 05-13-2014, 01:42 PM

I need to give credit for this recipe to The Happy Herbivore. This is one of my favorite recipes from her.
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
1 banana (frozen)
1/4 cup pure pumpkin (canned is fine)
1 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
pinch of ground ginger
2 teaspoons of pure maple syrup

Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth, adding more almond milk as necessary to achieve a smoothie consistency. Taste, adding more maple if desired. 186 calories.
I try to keep some frozen banana slices in the freezer just for these smoothies. I just slice the banana, place the slices on a cookie sheet and freeze. Once the banana's are frozen I transfer the slices into a baggy and then into the freezer.
Old 05-13-2014, 05:05 PM

I am 73 yrs old and I have to lose 44 lbs. I am not in this may weight loss but that is because I did not start until last Wednesday the 7th after i return from my Doctor. I have to see him in 6 months and he wants me to lose 6 lbs. That seems easy but I want to lose a pound a week. It sure is difficult when we are older. Good luck this month to all.
Originally Posted by Susanna10 View Post
thank you thank you and a special thank you to the mystery winner. I am so excited. Now, if I can just keep it off this month that would be great. This is such nice group of people to talk with. Everyone is in the same boat I am in. I am 67 years old and trying to loose 50 lbs.
Susanna
Old 05-13-2014, 05:49 PM

TeddybearLady, that's good that you lost more weight after over 4 pounds last week. Keep doing what you're doing.

QM, I'm sorry to hear that you've been ill. Pneumonia can hang on so long and drag you down. The good thing you didn't gain weight on the starchy hospital food. Take it easy until you are stronger.

I don't know how much weight I need to lose. I'm so much shorter than I used to be so my old 'normal' amount might be too much, but at this point I'd settle for it. I will know when I've lost enough. It's still coming off fast because I gave up Lyrica but that should slow down soon. I've been able to take my dogs for longer walks (between the raindrops) which might help, too.

I AM losing weight and getting healthier.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:13 AM

Mateoh, thanks for the recipe, I too love pumpkin pie.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by Pam H View Post
Not sure about shakes but I got an email today with smoothie recipes. Hope some of these work for you.
http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/25-...fast+Smoothies
Kind of a crappy day for me. This weather is making me miserable with sinus headaches. Ugh.
Thanks so much --- Love quite a few of them.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:23 AM

I need to give credit for this recipe to The Happy Herbivore. This is one of my favorite recipes from her.
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
1 banana (frozen)
1/4 cup pure pumpkin (canned is fine)
1 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
pinch of ground ginger
2 teaspoons of pure maple syrup

Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth, adding more almond milk as necessary to achieve a smoothie consistency. Taste, adding more maple if desired. 186 calories.
I try to keep some frozen banana slices in the freezer just for these smoothies. I just slice the banana, place the slices on a cookie sheet and freeze. Once the banana's are frozen I transfer the slices into a baggy and then into the freezer.
Oh, does that sound good. Have never tried Almond Milk. Any good??
Old 05-14-2014, 07:24 AM

"I am 73 yrs old and I have to lose 44 lbs. I am not in this may weight loss but that is because I did not start until last Wednesday the 7th after i return from my Doctor. I have to see him in 6 months and he wants me to lose 6 lbs. That seems easy but I want to lose a pound a week. It sure is difficult when we are older. Good luck this month to all."

sewingsuz, I am also in my 70's trying to take off 50lbs. I know what you mean by being difficult when we are older. I'm striving for 1 pound a week getting to my goal in a year. I started WW 3 weeks ago and did fine through Mothers Day. Monday I woke up with bronchitis, which had been brewing for a few days. Don't know what the scale will say on Thursday when I weigh in cause I've been very tired and inactive and food has not appealed to me. Wish me luck! Good luck to everyone, pray your month is a good one.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:25 AM

Meanmomma - did you get my fat qaurters????