Thread: May weight loss
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 03:41 PM
meanmom

I wouldn't call the shot painful but they are definatly uncomfortable. Ortho Visc is the same thing that I get. It makes your knee feel too full and tight. It is usually tight the rest of the evening and it is fine the next day. It helps me tremendously. The last shot was the only one I would call painful. I assume this is because he added cortisone to it. I could barely walk to my car. As long as I didn't walk it was fine. Usually I am able to stop at the grocery or something on the way home. I often ice it the day of the shot. Mine have been lasting about 6 months up until this one. Part of the problems now i am sure are the fact that I haven't been exercising. The other thing that I think has agrivated it is the walking program at work. When we would walk in the parking lot the whole thing is slanted and it put a lot of pressure on my knee. I am hoping to get it back in shape to avoid surgery a little bit longer. I am up to 12 minutes on the elliptical. I am giving it a few weeks and if it doesn't shape up I'm calling the surgeon. Good luck.
If you had part of your meniscus removed that is part of the cushioning in your knee. That is why the arthritis is bothering you more.