View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 05:19 AM
Geri B

Originally Posted by heartofwisdom View Post
I am using Inkling for hexagons. I like it. I didn't see much waste at all. I don't like pre-washing fabric but you have to or the threads get caught in the printer.

Its great for me for hand piecing because I need the cross hair on the hexagons (I'm brand new to hand piecing). Linda suggest a running stitch instead of a whip stitch. Its faster and easier.

I also have a die cutting machine but have not bought the hexagon die yet. It would be faster to cut out hexies with die cutter but then I would have to mark the corners. Someone with hand piecing experience may not need it the 1/4 inch marks.
I have the GO die for hexies. Fab/paper pattern for EPP and also just GO hexies in other sizes......I have only done hexies the EPP way and yes I can see where inklingo would be a great help marking that seam allowance line...I cannot eyeball it either. I once tried doing something like an orange peel by hand, it was the seam allowance no markings that turned me off...love the way we have many options to do one thing now