Old 05-08-2014, 01:11 PM
Sewnoma

Default I finally found some courage and went to a local guild meeting

And now I'm wondering why I've been such a chicken about it for so long! I've wanted to visit this guild for over a year and was just too cowardly to go.

Thanks goes to willferg on this board, who brought me along to a fabric sale at the guild last month and helped me get my feet wet, so to speak. (Willferg - have you made anything with your fabric yet? I'm still moving my sewing room and haven't sewn in weeks! It's been terrible!)

So last night I FINALLY attended a meeting as a guest and it was really nice! Everybody was really friendly and welcoming, and three different ladies went out of their way to come talk to me and show me around and explain all the shorthand and acronyms they were using for their various programs and events. There was a show & tell session that was really neat to see, and it was just a lot of fun overall. Everyone seemed to be having a great time. Odd are that there is at least one or two people in the group with big egos and bad attitudes but I didn't notice them!

I'm going to go back to the next meeting in 2 weeks and formally join up....maybe even volunteer to help at the quilt show they're putting on next month! I always attend that show so it'd be neat to see it from behind the scenes.