View Single Post
Old 05-09-2014, 06:07 AM
mirish2

Pack and then cut the amount you are taking in half. Nobody cares if you wear the same jeans or skirt on several days. Some ships have a self-serve laundermat, others do not, check on your facilities. I have no affiliation with the company Travel Smith, but absolutely recommend their ExOfficio underwear. It is so comfortable that I wear it every day. The briefs take only a couple hours to dry when washed in the sink. Take only 2 prs of shoes. Be sure you can walk a couple miles in them comfortably. Take a rain jacket and sweater (wool or polar fleece) rather then a heavy jacket. Layering is the answer. When I was there many of the churches required women to cover their heads and not to have bare shoulders. It has been several years and that might have changed. In any event a large scarf is a great accessory to take with you. Make a chart on a 3 X 5 card (or your phone) which shows monetary equivalency. ex 1 E=$.74, 5 E= $3.70 do that for several "price points". It will save you confusion as you are trying to shop. Leave room in your bags for treasures to bring home. My test for how heavy my bag is --is to walk around the block with it.