Old 05-09-2014, 03:20 PM
slbram17

Originally Posted by mpeters1200
I've been quilting 10 years now and that's all I've ever made. I branched out this Christmas and made a set of hot pads and oven mitts. They turned out pretty neat.

I am looking for an extremely easy, like sewing for dummies pattern to make a purse. I don't want to make a huge tote bag...maybe something I could make out of 2 fat quarters or something.

Strap would be nice but not necessary. Prefer no zippers (I haven't graduated up that high yet) or magnetic snappy things. I can buy purse handles. I have some but they are circles and the patterns I've found don't have purse handles like those and I'm always looking for a reason to go to JoAnns so I can buy some purse handles.

Easy easy easy....and free. I'm planning a trip home to see the family. They've seen my quilts, but I'd like to make a little travel bag that I can put my wallet in so I don't have to take the cosmic black hole...aka my ginormous bag with.

Any ideas? I searched for bags and bag patterns and free bag patterns and it came back with way too much and none of the first two pages had anything I was looking for.

Thanks in advance!

Melissa
Maybe something on here
http://www.pinterest.com/signetoo/to...ree-tutorials/